Friday, July 20, 2012

{No More Dirty Clothes on the Ground}

This week as I was cleaning my office/laundry room, I got so tired of seeing dirty laundry all over the floor.   My laundry room doesn't have a whole lot of extra space, especially since it doubles as my office, so any clutter can make it feel that much smaller.  I noticed that I had one wall that had some potential for solving my problem. 



I went to the store and bought six cheap 15" shelf braces and three new smaller laundry baskets.


After that, I used my hand drill, a level and my trusty pencil and hung the braces so that they would be just wide enough for the handles of my laundry baskets to rest on the brackets.  


I decided to hang them high enough so that when the baskets are down, we wouldn't be bumping into the braces.  I now have a basket for darks, whites, and for towels and they are just big enough to hold one load of laundry.  


I have already put these to good use and I have found that it is a lot easier to not get behind on the laundry.  Having two little boys running around the house can make even the simplest chores get put off and become unmanageable. All together this project cost around $30.  The braces were $1.78 each. I could have shopped around and found some cheaper laundry baskets but I was in a hurry. This was a cheap and easy fix to my laundry dilemma!

No comments:

Post a Comment